Monday, June 14, 2010

Cape Coast & Kakum National Park



Soooo this past weekend/week was pretty awesome

I had lots of African food.
Went to Cape Coast Castle

We also watched these guys pull in a huge net of fish just outside the castle

This is what Obama laid down in the castle... oh my gosh how they love obama here
They have Obama underwear, hotels, water and shirts everywhere.
Fishing area...


Ate at a resturaunt on the beach


Got chased by a little boy holding a creepy looking snake
Cut open my heel. Genius


Pet a wild crocodile while a lady kept it at bay with a stick


Went on an awesome canopy walk through the rain forest
yeah pretty freaking awesome
it was a rope bridge suspended between seven trees 30-40 meters high

I travel with lots of people from other countries.
Japan, Australia, Korea, Scottland, Canada, England, Germany and Russia
All awesome people!


I bought oranges from this cute little girl


And just so all of you know... GHANA won their last World Cup GAME!
Everyone was running out of their houses screaming their heads off.
PRetty hilarious. They started parades
 and some had painted themselves

So we got stuck in a spot bar because of a rain storm...
Everyone got a little tipsy and started dancing with the Ghanaians
while the Japanese guy (speaks no english)
was playing the drums and another guy shaking a maraca of some sort
pretty dang fun!
YUP! the the African girls taught us dances...

This is my host mom...
Agnus
These are the girls that work at the hospital with me!


Here is a random picture of a stream I walk over every day


This weekend I am leaving at about 3 in the morning on Friday to go on a
13 hour tro adventure to Mole National Park
We will be going on a Safari, and staying at a hotel that has balconys over looking a watering hole
Where elephants and other animals will be!
They say that you wake up with baboons on your balcony...
Rafiki I am going to find you.

2 comments:

  1. I was just telling mom that I was belly laughing at the last line, cause I can hear you saying that and it's funny.

    And then you got Malaria. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rafiki? Nice croc... Take care...Malaria sounds fun! What is it like? ;-)

    ReplyDelete