Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MaLaRiA

Well now I have had the “true African” experience

On Monday I was feeling kind of sick in the morning…

Then later that afternoon I had a fever, body aches and chills

My first thought was…man I am going to die in Africa.

Haha

Not really but I really did not want to go to the hospital here

So my house mother made me eat red red( fried plantains and some red sauce)

This by the way is not what you want when you are feeling sick

So of course I threw it up about an hour later

But hey that was okay because my fever broke after that!

And I felt good after that... for the most part

They still made me go to the hospital the next morning… and guess what they said?

You have malaria. (Hahaha its slightly funny)

That is the one thing I think all volunteers worry about getting the most

I am not too sure that I really have malaria

They seem to think anytime you are sick here it must be malaria

But they gave me antibiotics for it

And some for my bowel movements..

So now I will be taking 4 pills 3 times a day.

Whatever makes me better

No comments:

Post a Comment